¤Mysteria¤ Index du Forum

¤Mysteria¤ Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

How to block bots flooding my site?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ¤Mysteria¤ Index du Forum -> Je Floode... Tu floode... Nous floodons ! -> Partie Flood.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
JensenBreck

MessagePosté le: Sam 16 Déc - 09:04 (2017)    Sujet du message: How to block bots flooding my site? Répondre en citant

Hello,

My site suddenly became popular with a big traffic increase that I think is caused by bad bots. No surprise. News articles say that bots out number humans on the internet.

My Kunena Forum visitor count was way up (but I feel sure that Kunena counts bots as visitors). However, Google Analytics visitor count did not change.

I installed the free Coala Web Traffic extension. It was a big help, and it showed that my sudden traffic increase is caused by a flood of bots from foreign countries.

I bought Bad Bot and IP Blocker ($9). I used it to block foreign countries and bot IP address that I havested from the Coala Web Traffic extension. Most bots went right through the Bad Bot extension even after I blocked their country and their IP number.

I installed the free JU BlockIP. It has a nice feature that you can use a wildcard * to block a range of IP numbers (for example and entire IP Block 180.76.15.*), so that you do not have to list all 255 IP numbers in an IP block being used by a bot farm.

JU BlockIP did a better job of blocking some IP numbers, but the Chinese, French, and some other bots came right through JU BlockIP, too.

I tried shutting down my site at the server level to break existing bot connections, but the bots came back when I enable my site, again

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
My site suddenly became popular with a big traffic increase that I think is caused by bad bots. No surprise. News articles say that bots out number humans on the internet.

My Kunena Forum visitor count was way up (but I feel sure that Kunena counts bots as visitors). However, Google Analytics visitor count did not change.

I installed the free Coala Web Traffic extension. It was a big help, and it showed that my sudden traffic increase is caused by a flood of bots from foreign countries.

I bought Bad Bot and IP Blocker ($9). I used it to block foreign countries and bot IP address that I havested from the Coala Web Traffic extension. Most bots went right through the Bad Bot extension even after I blocked their country and their IP number.

I installed the free JU BlockIP. It has a nice feature that you can use a wildcard * to block a range of IP numbers (for example and entire IP Block 180.76.15.*), so that you do not have to list all 255 IP numbers in an IP block being used by a bot farm.

JU BlockIP did a better job of blocking some IP numbers, but the Chinese, French, and some other bots came right through JU BlockIP, too.

I tried shutting down my site at the server level to break existing bot connections, but the bots came back when I enable my site, again

Animated Business Promotional Video

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 16 Déc - 09:04 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ¤Mysteria¤ Index du Forum -> Je Floode... Tu floode... Nous floodons ! -> Partie Flood. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange